Once Live Parts has created and smoothed your design and after you have performed any FEA validation required, you can export the design back to Solidworks using the method outlined below.
Exporting designs to Solidworks
- Select File > Export from the Live Parts menu bar.
- Choose one of the available export options:
- STL: export your design to Solidworks as a watertight triangular mesh.
- LPE faceted: export your design to Solidworks as a combination of solid body geometry in the zones and mesh in the free-form regions.
- LPE smooth: export your design to Solidworks as full solid body geometry (with C1 continuous external patches).
- Copy the 10-digit key provided in the export dialog box.
- If you are done using Live Parts, close the app on your virtual machine and shut down the virtual machine. Skip this step if you plan to iterate on this design or continue using Live Parts.
- Return to Solidworks and click Import in the Live Parts Add-in toolbar.
- Enter your 10-digit key
- Click OK to load and auto-assemble your design into Solidworks.