When launching Live Parts, users may experience an error while trying to open the Paperspace App on Windows following installation due to missing DLL files (e.g. MF.dll, Mfplat.dll, etc.). For users running Windows 10, please take the following steps to fix this issue:
- Click here and download the appropriate Windows Media Feature Pack based on your system (64-bit or 32-bit).
- Install the Windows Media Feature Pack.
- Restart your machine.
- Open the Paperspace App.
If you are still having issues running the Paperspace App or you are not running Windows 10, please send an email to email@example.com.
When launching Live Parts, users may also experience delays in loading the Live Parts virtual machine in the Paperspace App (e.g. the Paperspace App gets stuck with a "Loading..." message). Please take the following steps if you are experiencing this issue:
- Restart you network connection. Paperspace recommends network connection speeds of about 15Mbps and less than 60 ms of latency; long loading times for Live Parts virtual machines may be a result of a slow or poor network connection.
- Try accessing your Live Parts virtual machine at a later time.
- Access your Live Parts virtual machine via the browser at paperspace.com/login. Live Parts is fully functional in the browser, however, it typically exhibits lower performance (i.e. higher latency connecting to the Live Parts virtual machine) and requires typing in a 10-digit key when transferring files between SOLIDWORKS and Live Parts.
If you continue to experience issues loading your Live Parts virtual machine in the Paperspace App, it may be the result of your network firewall settings - please submit a support ticket from here in the help center or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.