Live Parts™ is under active development. We are releasing this preview in order to gather early user feedback to help drive future development. Click here to provide feedback. While we cannot yet commit or provide a timeline for any specific feature, here are a few that are in consideration:
- Ability to save the state of a grown model so that it may be opened without re-growing.
- Specification of material properties.
- Additional start modes to begin with collections of imported pre-defined cells.
- Additional growth modes to support shapes similar to thin-walled sheet metal parts.
- Cellular shape constraints to ensure minimum feature sizes and shape constraints.
- Live Parts assemblies including multiple parts growing autonomously and simultaneously.
Live Parts for SOLIDWORKS Add-in
- Improved compatibility of Live Part objects in SOLIDWORKS for simulation and other tools.
- User interface for building, viewing, and testing force expressions.
- Streamlined Live Parts model definition (i.e. auto-placement of seed cells).