Once you are done defining the forces and constraints for your Live Parts model in SOLIDWORKS, you can use Live Parts™ to auto-generate your part. If you have already imported your Live Parts model and loaded it into the session, you can skip the first two steps.
- Open Live Parts.
- Select File->Import (in the menu bar) to import your Live Parts model from SOLIDWORKS. The 10-digit key generated by the Live Parts for SOLIDWORKS Add-in will be automatically pasted. Click OK to load the model into the session.
- Click Start (in the basic controls window) or hit P on your keyboard to start the Live Parts growth process.
- Wait for Live Parts to auto-generate your object.*
- Select Smooth (in the basic controls window) once you are ready to send your Live Parts object back to SOLIDWORKS.
* Refer to this article for more information on how long to wait during the Live Parts growth process. Refer to this section for more information on how to navigate around Live Parts, interact with your object, and manipulate the environment in real-time.