When you set up a model with the Live Parts Add-in for Solidworks, the cell size used for the growth process is set by default to just under 1% of the largest bounding box dimension of the model's reference geometry.
An increase in the cell size drives Live Parts to reach a design solution faster, however the trade-off here is a reduction in the resolution and complexity. On the other hand, a smaller cell size allows Live Parts to create designs that have more intricate, smaller features.
You can adjust the cell size both using the Live Parts Add-in for Solidworks during model set up and before or during the growth process in Live Parts using the methods outlined below.
Adjusting cell size: Live Parts Add-in
- Click Settings in the Live Parts Add-in Toolbar.
- Check the Absolute checkbox and enter an absolute value in the Cellsize box (in mm) OR
- Uncheck the Absolute checkbox and enter a value in the Cellsize box as a % of the largest dimension of your Live Parts model's reference geometry bounding box.
- Click Save.
Adjusting cell size: Live Parts
- Enter a value in the Cell Size box in the Properties toolbar
- Click Apply and Reset. Live Parts will reset the model and restart the growth process using the new cell size.