With the Live Parts™ Add-in, you can create fixtures to anchor surfaces in your model, typically in the vicinity of fill zones. These fixtures are where the part would contact / mate with other parts or components of your assembly.
Fixtures act as a starting point for a design in the Live Parts growth process. When you fix surfaces in your model and start growing a design, Live Parts induces stress throughout the design associated with the forces you have also created and applied to other surfaces, ensuring that material is added to the design to withstand the applied forces.
You can create fixtures using the method outlined below.
- Create solid bodies as required to act as reference geometry for your fixture.
- Select Fixture in the Live Parts Add-in toolbar.
- Click the Surfaces box and select the relevant surface(s) in your assembly for your fixture.
- Click the Checkmark on the top of the fixture menu to accept the changes.
- All Live Parts models require at least one fixed surface.