With the Live Parts™ Add-in, you can select a material for your Live Parts design. Material selection is a critical step in setting up your model as Live Parts drives the growth process for your design based on the yield stress for the selected material.
You can select a material using the method outlined below.
Selecting a material
- Select Settings in the Live Parts Add-in Toolbar.
- Choose a material from the drop-down list OR
- (Optional) Choose Add from component from the drop-down list and select the relevant component in your assembly.
- Select Save.
- Properties for each of the materials in the dropdown list are defined within the Solidworks material database. If you select Aluminum 2024, it will have the properties of the material as defined in Solidworks.
- Materials for your model can be metal, plastic, or anything custom that you’ve defined in Solidworks.