Once you have defined your Live Parts™ design parameters in SOLIDWORKS using the Live Parts for SOLIDWORKS Add-in, you can easily import them into Live Parts to create your design.
- In SOLIDWORKS, select Export from the Add-in toolbar.
- When prompted, enter a filename and location to save the design parameter file your local disk and click Save. The Add-in will provide you with a 10-digit key to use for importing the design parameter file into Live Parts. The 10-digit key will be automatically copied to your clipboard.
- Open the Paperspace App and log in.
- Click the tile for your Live Parts virtual machine.
- When prompted, click Start Machine.
- Click the Live Parts icon on the virtual desktop to open Live Parts.
- In the Live Parts, select Download from the model toolbar. Your 10-digit key will be automatically pasted from your clipboard when prompted.
- Click OK to load your model into the session.
Important: If you are accessing Live Parts via the browser, during Step 2, you will need to manually copy or write down the 10-digit key, and during Step 7, you will need to manually enter in the 10-digit key when prompted.