Once you created a model using the Live Parts Add-in, you can easily import it into Live Parts to start the growth process.
You can import a model into Live Parts using the method outlined below.
- If you have already exported your model and obtained a 10-digit key using the Live Parts Add-in, skip to Step 4. Otherwise, in Solidworks, select Export from the Live Parts Add-in toolbar.
- Browse to the desire location (on your local disk) and entire a file name for your model. Make sure you use the LPI file type.
- Click Save.
- Copy the 10-digit key provided in the export dialog box.
- Nagivate to the Live Parts web app at liveparts.desktopmetal.com
- Sign in using your username and password.
- Click the tile for your Live Parts virtual machine and click Start Machine, when prompted.
- Click the Live Parts icon on the virtual desktop to open Live Parts.
- In Live Parts, select Download from the model toolbar and enter your 10-digit key.
- Click OK to load your model into the session.