Live Parts allows you to adjust the forces you set up for your model at any time during the growth process. Live Parts responds in real-time, adjusting the course of the growth process and adding/removing material to meet the original design objectives relative to the new forces.
You can adjust forces in Live Parts using the method outlined below.
- Use the feature tree in the top left of the viewer in Live Parts to locate the appropriate force. Selecting the force will highlight it in the viewer.
- Rick click on the force to edit it.
- In the Force Editor window, take one (or multiple) of the following actions:
- Use the Force Multiplier slider bar to simply multiply the force.
- Check the Override Magnitude box and use the Magnitude slider bar to input the desired specific magnitude for the force.
- Check the Override Direction box and use the Force X/Y/Z slider bars to input the desired directional components for the force.
- Click Apply and then Done to apply the new force to your design OR
- Uncheck the Override Magnitude and Override Direction and set the Force Multiplier slider back to 1 to reset the force to those specified in the imported model.
- To input the exact value for the magnitude or direction component of a force in Live Parts, you can use Ctrl + Click on the slider bar. Live Parts will provide you with an input dialog, which you can use to enter a value or an expression to adjust the force. Click Apply to have your newly defined force take effect.